View : 268 Download: 0
Teaching critical, Ethical and safe use of ICT in pre-service teacher education
- Teaching critical, Ethical and safe use of ICT in pre-service teacher education
- Shin S.-K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Language, Learning and Technology
- Language, Learning and Technology vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 181 - 197
- Awareness of fair use; Digital literacy; E-safety; Teacher education in cALL
- University of Hawaii
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- This paper describes two studies that examined the awareness of pre-service English teachers regarding issues of digital literacy, fair use of digital materials, and e-safety. The participants in Study One designed reading and listening lessons utilizing online materials and then evaluated their lessons in terms of digital literacy and fair use. The participants in Study Two designed writing lessons based on social network services or online environments and evaluated the resulting lessons in terms of e-safety. This article reports on how these activities influenced selection criteria for online materials, methods for gathering instructional materials, and lesson plans. The results indicated that, initially, the pre-service teachers rarely considered these issues when selecting materials or designing class activities. The findings also showed that the participants’ awareness of critical, ethical, and safe use of information and communication technologies was raised through activities for evaluating and discussing the selection of instructional materials and the lesson activities associated with them. Implications for teacher education in computer-assisted language learning are discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 영어교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.