View : 355 Download: 0
User needs of women with pes planus in their 50s and 60s for compression pants development
- User needs of women with pes planus in their 50s and 60s for compression pants development
- Lee S.; Kim D.-E.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles
- Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 420 - 432
- Compression wear; Functional garment; Gait; Pes planus; Wearing condition
- Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- This study examined user needs for compression pant development for women with pes planus in their 50s and 60s. A total of 355 women aged 50 to 69 participated in the survey and interview. Questions were asked if they had pes planus, the using condition of foot orthotic, inconveniences during gait, and wearing condition of compression pants. The results showed that 42 (11.8%) women had pes planus. Orthotic insole and arch support were used most frequently. The most uncomfortable aspect of foot orthotic (n=146) was that it was difficult to use unless they were going outside. Participants with pes planus responded that they felt discomfort on the inner area of propodium, metatarsus, ankle, and knee during gait. The purchase and wearing rate of compression pants were not high; however, compression pants were purchased with specific needs and purposes. Respondents mainly wore the compression pants for sports activities. M size was the most frequently worn size. They preferred high waist type leggings and there was a need to increase the compression strength of the waist, thigh, knee and ankle. Additionally, the ease of donning and doffing were discussed. © 2017, The Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 의류산업학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.