View : 268 Download: 0
Change in profiles of volatile compounds from two types of Fagopyrum esculentum (buckwheat) soksungjang during fermentation
- Change in profiles of volatile compounds from two types of Fagopyrum esculentum (buckwheat) soksungjang during fermentation
- Park M.-K.; Choi H.-S.; Kim Y.-S.; Cho I.H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Food Science and Biotechnology
- Food Science and Biotechnology vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 871 - 882
- Buckwheat soksungjang; Fermentation; Novel starter; Partial least squares-discriminant analysis; Volatile profile
- The Korean Society of Food Science and Technology
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Fagopyrum esculentum (buckwheat) soksungjang is one of the traditional soybean pastes in Korea. This study profiled and compared volatile compounds between traditionally manufactured (TBS) and commercially modified buckwheat soksungjang (CBS) according to their fermentation periods. More volatile compounds were generated and non-uniform increases or decreases in volatiles were more common during TBS fermentation. In addition, the changes in and differences between the volatiles from TBS and CBS during the fermentation process (after 0, 1, 2, and 5 weeks) were investigated in partial least squares-discriminant analysis models. The changes were accelerated during CBS fermentation in comparison with TBS fermentation. Several major volatile compounds, such as methyl decanoate, 3-hydroxy-2,6-dimethylpyran-4-one, and methyl heptanoate were found in the final stage of fermentation in TBS, in contrary, tridecane, (Z)-hex-3-en-1-ol, furan-2-carbaldehyde, and ethyl tetradecanoate were contributed to the latest of fermentation in CBS. © 2017, The Korean Society of Food Science and Technology and Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.