View : 290 Download: 137
Exploiting sparsity in SDP relaxation for sensor network localization
- Exploiting sparsity in SDP relaxation for sensor network localization
- Kim S.; Kojima M.; Waki H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- SIAM Journal on Optimization
- SIAM Journal on Optimization vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 192 - 215
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- A sensor network localization problem can be formulated as a quadratic optimization problem (QOP). For QOPs, semidefinite programming (SDP) relaxation by Lasserre with relaxation order 1 for general polynomial optimization problems (POPs) is known to be equivalent to the sparse SDP relaxation by Waki et al. with relaxation order 1, except for the size and sparsity of the resulting SDP relaxation problems. We show that the sparse SDP relaxation applied to the QOP is at least as strong as the Biswas-Ye SDP relaxation for the sensor network localization problem. A sparse variant of the Biswas-Ye SDP relaxation, which is equivalent to the original Biswas-Ye SDP relaxation, is also derived. We compare numerically the sparse SDP relaxation applied to the QOP, the Biswas-Ye SDP relaxation, its sparse variant, and the edge-based SDP relaxation by Wang et al. to confirm the effectiveness of the proposed techniques for exploiting the sparsity in SDP relaxation for sensor network localization problems. The sparse SDP relaxation applied to the QOP is much faster than the Biswas-Ye SDP relaxation, and the sparse variant of the Biswas-Ye SDP relaxation outperforms all other SDP relaxations in speed. © 2009 Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 수학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
exploring sparsity.pdf(618.76 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.