View : 235 Download: 0
Heparin-immobilized hydroxyapatite nanoparticles as a lactoferrin delivery system for improving osteogenic differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells
- Heparin-immobilized hydroxyapatite nanoparticles as a lactoferrin delivery system for improving osteogenic differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells
- Kim, Sung Eun; Lee, Deok-Won; Yun, Young-Pil; Shim, Kyu-Sik; Jeon, Daniel I.; Rhee, Jin-Kyu; Kim, Hak-Jun; Park, Kyeongsoon
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BIOMEDICAL MATERIALS
- BIOMEDICAL MATERIALS vol. 11, no. 2
- hydroxyapatite nanoparticles; heparin; lactoferrin delivery; adipose-derived stem cells; osteogenic differentiation
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The aim of this study is to fabricate lactoferrin (LF)-carrying hydroxyapatite nanoparticles (HAp NPs) to enhance osteogenic differentiation of rabbit adipose-derived stem cells (rADSCs). HAp NPs were modified with heparin-dopamine (Hep-DOPA) (Hep-HAp) and further immobilized with LF (LF/Hep-HAp). Heparin immobilization on HAp NPs prevented aggregation of HAp NPs in aqueous solution and prolonged the release of LF from LF/Hep-HAp NPs. In vitro studies of rADSCs have demonstrated that LF-Hep/HAp NPs significantly increase alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity, calcium deposition, and both mRNA expression of osteocalcin (OCN) and osteopontin (OPN) in comparison with HAp and Hep-HAp NPs. These results suggest that LF/Hep-HAp NPs can effectively induce osteogenic differentiation of rADSCs.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.