View : 1002 Download: 0
Preparation of high purity docosahexaenoic acid from microalgae oil in a packed bed reactor via two-step lipase-catalysed esterification
- Preparation of high purity docosahexaenoic acid from microalgae oil in a packed bed reactor via two-step lipase-catalysed esterification
- Lee, Eun-Ju; Lee, Moon Won; No, Da Som; Kim, Hee-Jin; Oh, Se-Wook; Kim, Yangha; Kim, In-Hwan
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF FUNCTIONAL FOODS
- JOURNAL OF FUNCTIONAL FOODS vol. 21, pp. 330 - 337
- Crypthecodinium cohnii; Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA); Esterification; Lipase; Microalgae; Rhizomucor miehei
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Highly pure docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) was produced successfully in a packed bed reactor via the two-step lipase-catalysed esterification using the fatty acid from microalgae (from Crypthecodinium cohnii) and ethanol as substrates. Lipozyme RM IM from Rhizomucor miehei was employed as a biocatalyst. In the first step, a temperature of 40 degrees C, a molar ratio of 1:4 (fatty acid to ethanol), and a water content of 0.6 wt% (based on the total substrate weight) were selected as optimum conditions. A maximum DHA concentration of ca. 90 wt% was achieved in the fatty acid fraction with an 89 wt% yield after 15 min. In the second step, the fatty acids from the first step were used as the substrate and a recursive reaction was conducted using identical optimized conditions. Following this second step, a DHA concentration of 100 wt% was achieved in conjunction with an 83.2 wt% yield after 25 min. (C) 2015 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 식품영양학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.