View : 509 Download: 0
Ultra-large current transport in thick SmBa2Cu3O7-x films grown by reactive co-evaporation
- Ultra-large current transport in thick SmBa2Cu3O7-x films grown by reactive co-evaporation
- Kim, G.; Jin, H. J.; Jo, W.; Nam, D. H.; Cheong, H.; Kim, H. S.; Oh, S. S.; Ko, R. K.; Jo, Y. S.; Ha, D. W.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- PHYSICA C-SUPERCONDUCTIVITY AND ITS APPLICATIONS
- PHYSICA C-SUPERCONDUCTIVITY AND ITS APPLICATIONS vol. 513, pp. 29 - 34
- SmBCO coated conductor; Room-temperature thermoelectric microscopy; Low temperature optical scanning microscopy; Micro-Raman scattering spectroscopy; Dissipative current distribution
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Structural and transport properties of high performance SmBa2Cu3O7-x coated conductors produced by a dual-chamber co-evaporation are presented. The 5 mu m-thick SmBCO coated conductors grown on IBAD-MgO based Hastelloy metal templates show critical currents larger than 1020-1560 A/cm at 77 K and self-field. The current transport characteristics of the conductors are investigated by room-temperature thermoelectric microscopy and low-temperature bolometric microscopy. The local thermoelectric images show the tilted grains, grain boundaries, and microstructural defects on the surface of the coated conductors. The bias current-dependent bolometric response at low temperature displays the current of the local flux flow dissipation as an increasing bias. Furthermore, we measured micro-Raman scattering microscopic imaging on oxygen-related peaks of the conductors. Comparing the Raman signal images with the low temperature optical scanning maps, it is remarkable that the structural disorders represented by oxygen-related Raman peaks are closely related to the low temperature bolometric abnormalities. From this result, a nature of the dissipative current distribution in coated conductors is revealed. The scanning optical microscopic study will provide a promising method for quality assurance of coated conductors. (C) 2015 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)