View : 300 Download: 0
High Performance of Low Band Gap Polymer-Based Ambipolar Transistor Using Single-Layer Graphene Electrodes
- High Performance of Low Band Gap Polymer-Based Ambipolar Transistor Using Single-Layer Graphene Electrodes
- Choi, Jong Yong; Kang, Woonggi; Kang, Boseok; Cha, Wonsuk; Son, Seon Kyoung; Yoon, Youngwoon; Kim, Hyunjung; Kang, Youngjong; Ko, Min Jae; Son, Hae Jung; Cho, Kilwon; Cho, Jeong Ho; Kim, BongSoo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES vol. 7, no. 10, pp. 6002 - 6012
- ambipolar organic field-effect transistor; single layer graphene electrode; high carrier mobility; low band gap polymer; film crystallinity
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Bottom-contact bottom-gate organic field-effect transistors (OFETs) are fabricated using a low band gap pDTTDPP-DT polymer as a channel material and single-layer graphene (SLG) or Au source/drain electrodes. The SLG-DaSed ambipolar OFETs significantly outperform the Au-based ambipolar OFETs, and thermal annealing effectively improves the carrier mobilities of the pDTTDPP-DT :films. The difference is attributed to the following facts: (i) the thermally annealed pDTTDPP-DT chains on the SLG assume more crystalline features with an edge-on orientation as compared to the polymer chains on the Au, (ii) the morphological features of the thermally annealed pDTTDPP-DT films on the SLG electrodes are closer to the features of those on the gate dielectric layer, and (iii) the SLG electrode provides a flatter, more hydrophobic surface that is favorable for the polymer crystallization than the Au. In addition, the preferred carrier transport in each electrode-based OFET is associated With the HOMO/LUMO alignment relative to the Fermi level of the employed electrode. All of these "experimental results consistently explain why the carrier mobilities of the SLG-based OFET are more than 10 times higher than those of the Au-based OTFT. This work demonstrates the strong dependence of ambipolar carrier transport on the source/drain electrode and annealing temperature.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.