View : 245 Download: 0
Determination of the Volatile Components in the Fruits and Leaves of Guava Plants (Psidium guajava L.) Grown on Jeju Island, South Korea
- Determination of the Volatile Components in the Fruits and Leaves of Guava Plants (Psidium guajava L.) Grown on Jeju Island, South Korea
- Lee, Sarah; Km, Young-Suk; Choi, Hyung-Kyoon; Cho, Somi Kim
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF ESSENTIAL OIL RESEARCH
- JOURNAL OF ESSENTIAL OIL RESEARCH vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 52 - 56
- Psidium guajava L.; volatile components; fruits; leaves; solvent-assisted flavor evaporation; gas chromatography time-of-flight mass spectrometry
- ALLURED PUBL CORP
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Volatile components in the fruits and leaves of guava plants (Psidium guajava L.) grown on Jeju island, South Korea, were isolated by solvent-assisted flavor evaporation and then analyzed by gas chromatography time-of-flight mass spectrometry. In total, :35 components were identified in the guava samples. Terpene hydrocarbons and C(6) compounds were the most abundant components in both the fruits and leaves. alpha-Pinene, beta-caryophyllene, alpha-humulene, beta-(Z)-ocimene, and (Z)-3-hexenal were the major components in both, possibly contributing to their characteristic odor notes. Carbonyls and esters such as 3-hydroxy-2-butanone, 2-heptanone, benzaldehyde, ethyl hexanoate, (Z)-3-hexenyl acetate, hexyl butanoate and ethyl octanoate were only found in the fruits, whereas terpene such as camphene, sabinene, eucalyptol, alpha-terpinolene, delta-cadinene, and germacrene B were only identified in the leaves. In particular, sabinene, germacrene B, alpha-farnesene, and germacrene D were found in the leaves of guava plants cultivated on Jeju Island, although they have not been found in previous studies of the leaves of guava plants cultivated in other countries.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.