View : 29 Download: 0
Unprecedented Reactivities of Highly Reactive Manganese(III)-Iodosylarene Porphyrins in Oxidation Reactions
- Unprecedented Reactivities of Highly Reactive Manganese(III)-Iodosylarene Porphyrins in Oxidation Reactions
- Zhang, Lina; Lee, Yong-Min; Guo, Mian; Fukuzumi, Shunichi; Nam, Wonwoo
- Ewha Authors
- 남원우; 이용민; Shunichi Fukuzumi; Mian Guo
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 남원우; Shunichi Fukuzumi
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY vol. 142, no. 47, pp. 19879 - 19884
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We report that Mn(III)-iodosylarene porphyrins, [Mn-III(Porp)((ArIO)-Ar-s)](+), are capable of activating the C-H bonds of hydrocarbons, including unactivated alkanes such as cyclohexane, with unprecedented reactivities, such as a low kinetic isotope effect, a saturation behavior of reaction rates, and no electronic effect of porphyrin ligands on the reactivities of [Mn-III(Porp)((ArIO)-Ar-s)](+). In oxygen atom transfer (OAT) reactions, the sulfoxidation of para-X-substituted thioanisoles by [Mn-III(Porp)((ArIO)-Ar-s)](+) affords a very unusual behavior in the Hammett plot with the saturation behavior of reaction rates and no electronic effect of porphyrin ligands on reactivities. The reactivities and mechanisms of [Mn-III(Porp)((ArIO)-Ar-s)](+) are then compared with those of the corresponding Mn-IV(Porp)(O) complex. The present study reports the first example of highly reactive Mn(III)-iodosylarene porphyrins with unprecedented reactivities in C-H bond activation and OAT reactions.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.