View : 33 Download: 0
Effects of Coffee Intake on Dyslipidemia Risk According to Genetic Variants in the ADORA Gene Family among Korean Adults
- Effects of Coffee Intake on Dyslipidemia Risk According to Genetic Variants in the ADORA Gene Family among Korean Adults
- Han, Jihee; Shon, Jinyoung; Hwang, Ji-Yun; Park, Yoon Jung
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- NUTRIENTS vol. 12, no. 2
- Adenosine receptors; genetic variants; coffee; dyslipidemia; Korean Genome and Epidemiology Study (KoGES)
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Current evidence on the effects of coffee intake on cardiovascular diseases is not consistent, in part contributed by the genetic variability of the study subjects. While adenosine receptors (ADORAs) are involved in caffeine signaling, it remains unknown how genetic variations at the ADORA loci correlate the coffee intake with cardiovascular diseases. The present study examined the associations of coffee intake with dyslipidemia risk depending on genetic variants in the ADORA gene family. The study involved a population-based cohort of 4898 Korean subjects. Consumption of more than or equal to a cup of coffee per day was associated with lower dyslipidemia risk in females carrying the ADORA2B minor allele rs2779212 (OR: 0.645, 95% CI: 0.506-0.823), but not in those with the major allele. At the ADORA2A locus, male subjects with the minor allele of rs5760423 showed instead an increased risk of dyslipidemia when consuming more than or equal to a cup of coffee per day (OR: 1.352, 95% CI: 1.014-1.802). The effect of coffee intake on dyslipidemia risk differs depending on genetic variants at the ADORA loci in a sex-specific manner. Our study suggests that a dietary guideline for coffee intake in the prevention and management of dyslipidemia ought to consider ADORA-related biomarkers carefully.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 식품영양학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.