View : 42 Download: 0
Scale to measure tourist value of destination restaurant service
- Scale to measure tourist value of destination restaurant service
- Kim, Og Yeon; Seo, Sunhee; Nurhidayati, Vieta Annisa
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CONTEMPORARY HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CONTEMPORARY HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 2827 - 2844
- Values; Scale development; Experiential value; Destination restaurant services
- EMERALD GROUP PUBLISHING LTD
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Purpose - The purpose of this study is to develop a measurement scale to explain how international tourists, as consumers at destination restaurants, evaluate their dining experiences. Design/methodology/approach - The measurement scale was developed using a three-stage process: initial item generation, scale development and scale evaluation. A total of 369 self-administered questionnaires validated the developed scale. Findings - The results showed five dimensions of value of destination restaurant services: service quality value, authentic experience value, emotional experience value, social value and utility value. The scale, comprising 40 items, was reliable and valid for assessing the value of destination restaurant services. Research limitations/implications - This scale revealed new items that help explain the value of various destination restaurant services among international tourists. The developed scale could be used to extend the researchmodel with antecedents of value and consequences of value for destination restaurant services. Practical implications - Considering the popularity of food tourism among international tourists, the developed scale should be useful in assessing how tourists value destination restaurant services, thereby helping restaurant managers create effective marketing strategies. Originality/value - This study contributes with a new, reliable and valid measurement scale that was specifically developed to address the unique value of destination restaurant services.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 식품영양학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.