View : 107 Download: 0
Gravitational Perturbation of Traversable Wormhole Spacetime and the Stability
- Gravitational Perturbation of Traversable Wormhole Spacetime and the Stability
- Kang Y.R.; Kim S.-W.
- Ewha Authors
- 김성원; 강유리
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society vol. 73, no. 12, pp. 1800 - 1807
- Gravitational perturbation; Stability; Wormhole
- The Korean Physical Society
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- In this paper, we study the gravitational perturbation of traversable wormhole spacetime, especially the Morris-Thorne wormhole spacetime, by using the linearized theory of gravity. We restrict our interest to the first order term and ignore the higher order terms. We assume that the perturbation is axisymmetric. We also assume that the time dependence follows the Fourier decomposition and the angular dependence is expressed in terms of the Legendre functions. As a result, we derive the gravitational perturbation equation of traversable wormhole in terms of a single linear second-order differential equation. As a consequence, we could analyze the unstability of the spacetime with the effective potentials. Furthermore, we consider the interaction between the external gravitational perturbation and the exotic matter, constituting traversable wormholes and its effect on the stability of traversable wormholes. © 2018, The Korean Physical Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.