View : 50 Download: 0
A Manganese(V)–Oxo Tetraamido Macrocyclic Ligand (TAML) Cation Radical Complex: Synthesis, Characterization, and Reactivity Studies
- A Manganese(V)–Oxo Tetraamido Macrocyclic Ligand (TAML) Cation Radical Complex: Synthesis, Characterization, and Reactivity Studies
- Karmalkar D.G.; Li X.-X.; Seo M.S.; Sankaralingam M.; Ohta T.; Sarangi R.; Hong S.; Nam W.
- Ewha Authors
- 남원우; 서미숙
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 남원우; 서미숙
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Chemistry - A European Journal
- Chemistry - A European Journal vol. 24, no. 68, pp. 17927 - 17931
- C−H bond activation; manganese; olefin epoxidation; radicals; sulfoxidation
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- A mononuclear manganese(V)–oxo complex with tetraamido macrocyclic ligand (TAML), [MnV(O)(TAML)]− (1), is a sluggish oxidant in oxidation reactions. Herein, a mononuclear manganese(V)–oxo TAML cation radical complex, [MnV(O)(TAML+.)] (2), is reported. It was synthesized by reacting [MnIII(TAML)]− with 3.0 equivalents of [RuIII(bpy)3]3+ or upon addition of one-electron oxidant to 1 and then characterized thoroughly with various spectroscopic techniques along with DFT calculations. Although 1 is a sluggish oxidant, 2 is a strong oxidant capable of activating C−H bonds of hydrocarbons (i.e., hydrogen atom transfer reaction) and transferring its oxygen atom to thioanisoles and olefins (i.e., oxygen atom transfer reaction). © 2018 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.