View : 104 Download: 0
Gamified Digital Math Lessons for Lower Primary School Students
- Gamified Digital Math Lessons for Lower Primary School Students
- Jagust T.; Boticki I.; Mornar V.; So H.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Proceedings - 2017 6th IIAI International Congress on Advanced Applied Informatics, IIAI-AAI 2017
- Proceedings - 2017 6th IIAI International Congress on Advanced Applied Informatics, IIAI-AAI 2017, pp. 691 - 694
- Gamification; Interest; Mobile learning; Primary school; Technology enhanced learning
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- This paper presents experiences in introducing gamification to digital lessons for students mathematics learning in lower primary school. The study was conducted in a second and third grade primary school in Croatia where students (N=59) used tablet computers for a variety of gamified learning activities. Gamification algorithms and extensions were designed and integrated in digital lessons to improve young learners motivation and engagement in math learning. This paper presents preliminary experiences in applying gamification in lower-primary school mathematics learning and further explores how the gamification strategy influenced the level of student learning interest. The results show that gamification allows students to sustain more interest compared to the non-gamified approach to learning with digital resources. © 2017 IEEE.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 교육공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.