View : 65 Download: 0
Language learning with mobiles, social media and gamification in Mongolia: Possibilities and challenges
- Language learning with mobiles, social media and gamification in Mongolia: Possibilities and challenges
- So H.-J.; Shin C.; Seo M.; Davaasuren B.; Wong L.H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ICCE 2017 - 25th International Conference on Computers in Education: Technology and Innovation: Computer-Based Educational Systems for the 21st Century, Workshop Proceedings
- ICCE 2017 - 25th International Conference on Computers in Education: Technology and Innovation: Computer-Based Educational Systems for the 21st Century, Workshop Proceedings, pp. 299 - 307
- Digital learning; Facebook; Gamification; International development; Mobile-assisted language learning (MALL)
- Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- In this paper, we present the design and evaluation of the mobile-assisted language learning (MALL) program that was implemented in three schools in Mongolia, and how students perceived the efficacy of such a digital learning solution for improving their English competency. The digital learning solution employed in this research includes mobiles, social media, and gamification to help students learn English through contextualized social learning processes. The students (N=67) completed the perception survey that measured their perceived efficacy of the digital learning solution. In addition, interviews with selected students and teachers were conducted to further investigate their experiences and challenged faced during the intervention. Overall, the findings indicate high levels of student participation throughout the intervention period and their increased interest towards English learning. In conclusion, we discuss both possibilities and challenges of integrating digital learning solutions in the developing world. © 2017 Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 교육공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.