View : 148 Download: 0
Analysis of Read Margin and Write Power Consumption of a 3-D vertical RRAM (VRRAM) Crossbar Array
- Analysis of Read Margin and Write Power Consumption of a 3-D vertical RRAM (VRRAM) Crossbar Array
- Choi, Sujin; Sun, Wookyung; Shin, Hyungsoon
- Ewha Authors
- 신형순; 선우경
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- IEEE JOURNAL OF THE ELECTRON DEVICES SOCIETY
- IEEE JOURNAL OF THE ELECTRON DEVICES SOCIETY vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1192 - 1196
- 3D vertical resistive random access memory (VRRAM); bias scheme; crossbar array; read margin; write power
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- In this paper, the read margin (RM) and write power (WP) for various 3-D vertical resistive random-access memory (VRRAM) architectures and bias schemes are analyzed. The optimized bias scheme for each of the read and write operations is demonstrated using HSPICE simulation. The ground and 1/3 bias schemes are desirable for reading a row of cells and a single cell, respectively, whereas the 1/2 bias scheme is more suitable for the write operation. The RM is strongly influenced by the number of word line (WL) layers, which determines the number of half-selected cells. The WP is predominantly affected by the in-plane array size rather than the number of WL layers, as the majority of the power is consumed in the selected WL. Only slight differences between the WL plane and WL even/odd structures are observed in the RM and WP. Therefore, due to the same performance and a double cell bit, a WL even/odd structure is more promising than a WL plane structure for the VRRAM architecture.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.