View : 220 Download: 94
Total cross section of the 3H(p,n)3He reaction from threshold to 4.5 MeV
- Total cross section of the 3H(p,n)3He reaction from threshold to 4.5 MeV
- Brune C.R.; Hahn K.I.; Kavanagh R.W.; Wrean P.R.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Physical Review C - Nuclear Physics
- Physical Review C - Nuclear Physics vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 158011 - 158018
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We report new measurements of the total cross section for the 3H(p,n)3He reaction from threshold (Ep = 1.02 MeV) to Ep, = 4.5 MeV. The experiment utilized specially prepared Ti-3H targets, and neutrons were detected using a 4 π detector. A weak resonant structure due to an excited state in 4He is observed which was not seen in previous cross section measurements. A new expression for the 3He(n,p)3H thermonuclear reaction rate for temperatures below 10 GK is presented which will allow for more accurate calculations of the yields of light elements produced by big-bang nucleosynthesis.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
Total cross section.pdf(166.93 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.