View : 82 Download: 8
BPS D-branes from an unstable D-brane in a curved background
- BPS D-branes from an unstable D-brane in a curved background
- Kim C.; Kim Y.; Kwon H.-H.; Kwon O.-K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Physical Review D - Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology
- Physical Review D - Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 1 - 7
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We find exact tachyon kink solutions of Dirac-Born-Infeld-type effective action describing an unstable D5-brane with a world volume gauge field turned on in a curved background. The background of interest is the ten-dimensional lift of the Salam-Sezgin vacuum and, in the asymptotic limit, it approaches R1,4×T2×S3. The solutions are identified as composites of lower-dimensional D-branes and fundamental strings, and, in the BPS limit, they become a D4D2F1 composite wrapped on R1,2×T2 where T2 is inside S3. In one class of solutions we find an infinite degeneracy with respect to a constant magnetic field along the direction of the Neveu-Schwarz-Neveu-Schwarz field on S3. © 2005 The American Physical Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
BPS D-branes.pdf(214.85 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.