View : 20 Download: 0
Di- and sesqui-terpenoids isolated from the pods of Sindora sumatrana and their potential to inhibit lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide production
- Di- and sesqui-terpenoids isolated from the pods of Sindora sumatrana and their potential to inhibit lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide production
- Dae S.J.; Min H.-Y.; Jeong Y.-H.; Sang K.L.; Seo E.-K.
- Ewha Authors
- 이상국; 서은경
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Archives of Pharmacal Research
- vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 291 - 294
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Activity-guided fractionation of the n-hexane and CHCl3-soluble fractions of Sindora sumatrana using a bioassay based on the inhibition of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced nitric oxide (NO) production by inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) in murine macrophage RAW 264.7 cells led to the isolation of the known compound, (+)-7β-acetoxy-15,16-epoxy-3,13(16),14- clerodatriene-18-oic acid (2) as an active constituent. In addition, a new trans-clerodane diterpenoid, (+)-2-oxokolavenic acid (1), together with six known compounds, (+)-3,13-clerodadiene-16,15-olide-18-oic acid (3), (+)-7β-acetoxy-3,13-clerodadiene-16,15-olide-18-oic acid (4), (+)-7β-acetoxy-16-hydroxy-3,13-clerodadiene-16,15-olide-18-oic acid (5), β-caryophyllene oxide (6), clovane-2β,9β-diol (7), and caryolane-1,9β-diol (8) were isolated and found to be inactive. The structure of compound 1 was determined using physical and spectroscopic methods such as 1D and 2D-NMR experiments. The known compounds 2-8 were identified by the spectroscopic data and by comparison with the published values. Of eight isolates (1-8), only compound 2 exhibited an iNOS inhibitory activity with IC50 value of 51.6 μM.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.