View : 19 Download: 0
Students' reflections on implementation of group investigation in Korean secondary science classrooms
- Students' reflections on implementation of group investigation in Korean secondary science classrooms
- Oh P.S.; Shin M.-K.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education
- vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 327 - 349
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Student reflective ideas were examined with respect to Group Investigation (GI), which was employed in 11 th grade Korean earth science classrooms. A modified GI method was implemented during the course of an action research effort consisting of two yearlong projects. Students' writings, which had been produced twice a year, were analyzed to reveal their reflections concerning the GI method. The students were positive about how GI altered the ways their learning occurred in the classrooms. They also reported several positive learning outcomes resulting from the GI implementation. However, there were some students who considered the GI method inappropriate for them. At times, students had difficulties and experienced problems arising from implementing GI. Implications for use of cooperative inquiry learning methods in science classrooms are elaborated on and discussed. © National Science Council, Taiwan 2005.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.