View : 81 Download: 0
Portable Fluorometer for Cyanobacteria Detection
- Portable Fluorometer for Cyanobacteria Detection
- Kim, Seung-Hoon; He, Ying; Lee, Eun-Hee; Kim, Jeong-Ho; Park, Sung Min
- Ewha Authors
- 김정호; 박성민; 이은희
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김정호; 박성민; 이은희
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL
- 1530-437X; 1558-1748
- vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 2377 - 2384
- Cyanobacteria; detection; fluorescence; Microcystis aeruginosa; quantum dots; transducer kit
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- A portable system for fluorescence measurement has been developed for cyanobacteria detection. Exploiting commercially available low-cost photodiodes and a single 9 V supply, the system was able to measure two fluorescence emissions simultaneously. Output voltages resulting from the fluorescence intensity were measured by utilizing two quantum dots of QD(565) and QD(655). These quantum dots were employed into a NanoGene assay for mcyD gene (synthetase of toxic microcystin) detection of Microcystis aeruginosa. We investigated various operational parameters (e. g., distance, angle between laser emission and sample, and so on) for the proposed system. Measurements indicated the highest output voltage signal was obtained at a distance of 0.5 cm with the right angle (90 degrees) between the laser source and a sample vial. Also, the mcyD gene hybridized with QD(565) and QD(655) was quantitatively detected by the proposed detection system, i. e., the normalized output voltage (QD(655)/QD(565)) was linearly proportional to the mcyD gene copy numbers (y = 0.41 log x + 6.6, r(2) = 0.92). Finally, the quantitative data were transferred wirelessly to the readout via Bluetooth.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.