View : 23 Download: 0
Zinc(II) polymeric compounds with a chelating ligand bis(2-pyridylmethyl)amine (bispicam) directed by intermolecular C/N/O-H⋯X (X = Cl, Br, I) interactions: Catalytic activities
- Zinc(II) polymeric compounds with a chelating ligand bis(2-pyridylmethyl)amine (bispicam) directed by intermolecular C/N/O-H⋯X (X = Cl, Br, I) interactions: Catalytic activities
- Park B.K.; Lee S.H.; Lee E.Y.; Kwak H.; Lee Y.M.; Lee Y.J.; Jun J.Y.; Kim C.; Kim S.-J.; Kim Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 김성진; 김영미
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김성진; 김영미
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Molecular Structure
- vol. 890, no. 41277, pp. 123 - 129
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- [Zn(bispicam)2]2+ as a hydrogen-bond donor and three free halides (Cl-, Br- and I-) as hydrogen-bond acceptors were employed to investigate the role of non-classical C/N-H⋯X hydrogen bonding for construction of polymeric compounds. Three zinc salts (ZnCl2, ZnBr2 and ZnI2) were reacted with bis(2-pyridylmethyl)amine (bispicam) to produce [Zn(bispicam)2]Cl2 1, [Zn(bispicam)2]Br2 2 and [Zn(bispicam)2]I2 3. Hydrogen bonding interactions between Namine-H and C-H of [Zn(bispicam)2]2+ cations and free halides, and between Owater-H and free halides can play very important roles for construction of molecular packing and crystal structures. In addition, these hydrogen-bonded complexes 1, 2 and 3 were, interestingly, shown to carry out the catalytic transesterification of a range of esters with methanol at 50 °C under the mild conditions, though all these compounds are saturated with two bispicam ligands. To explain this unusual reactivity, it has been proposed that the hydrogen atom of amine N-H moiety in the complexes could do the acid-catalyzed transesterification. © 2008 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.