View : 143 Download: 0
Characterization of volatile components according to fermentation periods in Gamdongchotmoo kimchi
- Characterization of volatile components according to fermentation periods in Gamdongchotmoo kimchi
- Yoon M.K.; Kwon M.J.; Lee S.M.; Kim J.W.; Cho M.S.; Lee J.M.; Kim Y.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- 이종미; 김영석; 조미숙; 이상미
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 이종미; 김영석; 조미숙; 이상미
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology
- Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 497 - 502
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- The volatile components in Gamdongchotmoo kimchi, unfermented and fermented for 3 or 25 days, were extracted via solvent-assisted flavor evaporation (SAFE), and then analyzed via gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GCMS). A total of 57 components, including 14 S-containing compounds, 22 terpene hydrocarbons, 13 aliphatic hydrocarbons, 4 alcohols, and 4 miscellaneous components, were detected in Gamdongchotmoo kimchi. Among them, the S-compounds were quantitatively dominant. The aroma-active compounds were also determined via gas chromatography-olfactometry (GC-O), using aroma extract dilution analysis (AEDA). A total of 16 aroma-active compounds were detected via GC-O. The most intense aroma-active compounds in Gamdongchotmoo kimchi included 4-isothiocyanato-1-butene (Log3 FD factor 7, rancid), an unknown(Log3 FD factor 7, spicy) and another unknown (Log3 FD factor 7, seasoning-like). In addition, other aroma-active compounds, including dimethyldisulfide (Log3 FD factor 6, rotten onion-like/sulfury), 2-vinyl- [4H]-1,3-dithiin (Log3 FD factor 5, spicy/garlic-like), and an unknown (Log3 FD factor 5, rancid/cheese-like) might be crucial to the flavor characteristics of Gamdongchotmoo kimchi. ©The Korean Society of Food Science and Technology.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 식품영양학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.