View : 82 Download: 0
Anti-adipogenic and anti- diabetic effects of cis-3 ',4 '-diisovalerylkhellactone isolated from Peucedanum japonicum Thunb leaves in vitro
- Anti-adipogenic and anti- diabetic effects of cis-3 ',4 '-diisovalerylkhellactone isolated from Peucedanum japonicum Thunb leaves in vitro
- Choi, Ra-Yeong; Nam, Sang-Jip; Ham, Ju Ri; Lee, Hae-In; Yee, Sung-Tae; Kang, Kyung-Yun; Seo, Kwon-Il; Lee, Ju-Hye; Kim, Myung-Joo; Lee, Mi-Kyung
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BIOORGANIC & MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS
- BIOORGANIC & MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS vol. 26, no. 19, pp. 4655 - 4660
- Adipocytes; Adipogenesis; Anti-diabetes; Anti-obesity; Peucedanum japonicum Thunb leaves
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Peucedanum japonicum Thunb is a medicinal plant belonging to the family Umbelliferae. This study evaluated the anti-diabetic and anti-obesity effects of cis-3',4'-diisovalerylkhellactone (cDIVK) isolated from Peucedanum japonicum Thunb leaves. cDIVK (3' and 5' mu M) effectively inhibited adipocyte differentiation and fat accumulation, whereas it stimulated glucose uptake compared with the control in 3T3-L1 cells. cDIVK significantly increased AMPK activation and suppressed protein and mRNA expression of major adipogenic transcriptional factors such as C/EBP alpha, PPAR gamma and SREBP-1c in 3T3-L1 cells. In addition, cDIVK had potential alpha-glucosidase inhibitory activity. These results indicated that cDIVK may act as a natural dual therapeutic agent for diabetes and obesity. (C) 2016 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.