View : 72 Download: 0
Study on importance-performance analysis regarding selection attributes of rice-convenience foods
- Study on importance-performance analysis regarding selection attributes of rice-convenience foods
- Park H.; Oh N.; Jang J.-A.; Yoon H.R.; Cho M.S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition
- vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 593 - 601
- Convenience food; IPA; Rice-convenience food; Selection attribute
- Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition
- SCOPUS; KCI
- This study was carried out to establish an effective marketing strategy based on Importance-Performance Analysis (IPA) of rice-convenience foods. IPA is one of the most efficient and simple methods to evaluate product quality. Data were collected from 652 people (320 males and 332 females) and analyzed by SPSS 19.0. Subjects consumed rice-convenience foods as a snack substitute (19.3%), breakfast (20.7%), lunch (37.4%), dinner (15.2%), and late-night meal (7.4%). The purpose for consumption of rice-convenience foods were as follows: light meal (34.8%), lack of time to prepare meal (42.2%), favorite restaurant is not nearby (2.3%), save money (3.4%), and outdoor activities (9.7%). All attributes about rice-convenience foods were categorized into intrinsic property and extrinsic property. As a result of factor analysis, health, sensibility, and diversity factors were extracted from intrinsic property. In addition, dependence and appearance factors were drawn from extrinsic property. In analyzing the differences between importance and performance, there were significant differences; 16 items in the intrinsic property (P<0.01), and 10 items in the extrinsic property (P<0.001). The IPA matrix is composed of four quadrants, and each represents different strategies; the first, ‘keep up the good work’, the second, ‘possible overkill’, the third, ‘low priority for management’, and the fourth, ‘concentrate management’. As a result, factors of rice-convenience foods positioned in the fourth quadrant were ‘safety (from food additives, etc.)’ and ‘price’ in the intrinsic property and ‘nutrition label’ and ‘safety of packaging material’ in the extrinsic property. They need to be improved immediately. In this study, rice-convenience food factors for continuous maintenance and concentrative improvement were compared by IPA. Based upon the results of this study, it is necessary to develop methods to make efficient use of limited resources and practical marketing strategies. © 2016, Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 식품영양학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.