View : 53 Download: 0
The PGE2 EP3 receptor regulates diet-induced adiposity in male Mice
- The PGE2 EP3 receptor regulates diet-induced adiposity in male Mice
- Ceddia R.P.; Lee D.; Maulis M.F.; Carboneau B.A.; Threadgill D.W.; Poffenberger G.; Milne G.; Boyd K.L.; Powers A.C.; McGuinness O.P.; Gannon M.; Breyer R.M.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- vol. 157, no. 1, pp. 220 - 232
- Endocrine Society
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Mice carrying a targeted disruption of the prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) E-prostanoid receptor 3 (EP3) gene, Ptger3, werefed a high-fat diet (HFD), or a micronutrientmatchedcontrol diet, to investigate the effects of disrupted PGE2-EP3 signaling on diabetes in a setting of diet-induced obesity. Although no differences in body weight were seen in mice fed the control diet, when fed a HFD, EP3-/- mice gained more weight relative to EP3+/+ mice. Overall, EP3-/- mice had increased epididymal fat mass and adipocyte size; paradoxically, a relative decrease in both epididymal fat pad mass and adipocyte size was observed in the heaviest EP3-/- mice. The EP3-/- mice had increased macrophage infiltration, TNF-κ, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, IL-6 expression, and necrosis in their epididymal fat pads as compared with EP3+/+ animals. Adipocytes isolated from EP3+/+ or EP3-/- mice were assayed for the effect of PGE2-evoked inhibition of lipolysis. Adipocytes isolated from EP3-/- mice lacked PGE2-evoked inhibition of isoproterenol stimulated lipolysis compared with EP3+/+. EP3-/- mice fed HFD had exaggerated ectopic lipid accumulation in skeletal muscle and liver, with evidence of hepatic steatosis. Both blood glucose and plasma insulin levels were similar between genotypes on a control diet, but when fed HFD, EP3-/- mice becamehyperglycemic and hyperinsulinemicwhencompared with EP3+/+ fed HFD, demonstrating a more severe insulin resistance phenotype in EP3-/-. These results demonstrate that when fed a HFD, EP3-/- mice have abnormal lipid distribution, developing excessive ectopic lipid accumulation and associated insulin resistance. Copyright © 2016 by the Endocrine Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.