View : 182 Download: 0
Whole cell bioconversion of ricinoleic acid to 12-ketooleic acid by recombinant Corynebacterium glutamicum-based biocatalyst
- Whole cell bioconversion of ricinoleic acid to 12-ketooleic acid by recombinant Corynebacterium glutamicum-based biocatalyst
- Lee B.; Lee S.; Kim H.; Jeong K.; Park J.; Park K.; Lee J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 452 - 458
- 12-Ketooleic acid; Corynebacterium glutamicum; Ricinoleic acid; Secondary alcohol dehydrogenase; Whole cell bioconversion
- Korean Society for Microbiolog and Biotechnology
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- The biocatalytic efficiency of recombinant Corynebacterium glutamicum ATCC 13032 expressing the secondary alcohol dehydrogenase of Micrococcus luteus NCTC2665 was studied. Recombinant C. glutamicum converts ricinoleic acid to a product, identified by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry as 12-ketooleic acid (12-oxo-cis-9-octadecenoic acid). The effects of pH, reaction temperature, and non-ionic detergent on recombinant C. glutamiucm whole cell bioconversion were examined. The determined optimal conditions for production of 12-ketooleic acid are pH 8.0, 35°C, and 0.05 g/l Tween80. Under these conditions, recombinant C. glutamicum produces 3.3 mM 12-ketooleic acid, with a 72% (mol/mol) maximum conversion yield, and 1.1 g/l/h volumetric productivity in 2 h; and 3.9 mM 12- ketooleic acid, with a 74% (mol/mol) maximum conversion yield, and 0.69 g/l/h maximum volumetric productivity in 4 h of fermentation. This study constitutes the first report of significant production of 12-ketooleic acid using a recombinant Corynebacterium glutamicumbased biocatalyst. © 2015 by The Korean Society for Microbiology and Biotechnology.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.