View : 74 Download: 0
Effects of Paecilomyces tenuipes water extract on the alcohol metabolism of rats
- Effects of Paecilomyces tenuipes water extract on the alcohol metabolism of rats
- Kim J.-M.; Park J.-H.; Kim M.-K.; Chun H.S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition
- vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 396 - 400
- SCOPUS; KCI
- The effect of Paecilomyces tenuipes water extract (PTWE) on the alcohol metabolism was examined on rats. PTWE of 0, 30, 100 mg/kg body weight was administrated orally to the rats 30 min before oral treatment of 3 g/ kg body weight of alcohol. Blood alcohol and acetaldehyde concentrations were measured 0.5, 1, 3, 6, 9 hr after alcohol treatment. Hepatic alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH), aldehyde dehydrogenase (ADH), microsomal ethanol oxidizing system (MEOS) activities were measured 9 hr after alcohol treatment. There were no differences in blood alcohol concentrations and area under the curve (AUC) of alcohol. PTWE decreased acetaldehyde concentration and there were significant differences after 6 hr in 30 mg/kg PTWE and after 3 and 9 hr in 100 mg/kg PTWE, respectively. In particular, 100 mg/kg PTWE decreased AUC of acetaldehyde by 44%. However, there were no changes in the hepatic ADH, ALDH, and MEOS activities.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 식품영양학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.