View : 57 Download: 28
BPS D-branes from an unstable D-brane
- BPS D-branes from an unstable D-brane
- Kim C.; Kim Y.; Kwon H.-H.; Kwon O.-K.; Lee C.O.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- AIP Conference Proceedings
- AIP Conference Proceedings vol. 805, pp. 407 - 410
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- We search for exact tachyon kink solutions of DBI type effective action describing an unstable D-brane with worldvolume gauge field turned in both the flat and a curved background. There are various kinds of solutions in the presence of electromagnetic fields in the flat space, such as periodic arrays, topological tachyon kinks, half kinks, and bounces. We identify a BPS object, D(p-1)F1 bound state, which describes a thick brane with string flux density. The curved background of interest is the ten-dimensional lift of the Salam-Sezgin vacuum and, in the asymptotic limit, it approaches R 1,4 × T 2 × S 3. The solutions in the curved background are identified as composites of lower-dimensional D-branes and fundamental strings, and, in the BPS limit, they become a D4D2F1 composite wrapped on R 1,2 × T 2 where T 2 is inside S 3. © 2005 American Institute of Physics.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.