View : 163 Download: 0
Effects of parental folate deficiency on the folate content, global DNA methylation, and expressions of FRα, IGF-2 and IGF-1R in the postnatal rat liver
- Effects of parental folate deficiency on the folate content, global DNA methylation, and expressions of FRα, IGF-2 and IGF-1R in the postnatal rat liver
- Mejos K.K.; Kim H.W.; Lim E.M.; Chang N.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Nutrition Research and Practice
- Nutrition Research and Practice vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 281 - 286
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- We examined the effect of parental folate deficiency on the folate content, global DNA methylation, folate receptor-alpha (FRα), insulin-like-growth factor-2 (IGF-2) and -1 receptor (IGF-1R) in the liver and plasma homocysteine in the postnatal rat. Male and female rats were randomly fed a folic acid-deficient (paternal folate-deficient, PD and maternal folate-deficient, MD), or folic acid-supplemented diet (paternal folate-supplemented, PS and maternal-folate-supplemented, MS) for four weeks. They were mated and grouped accordingly: PSxMS, PSxMD, PDxMS, and PDxMD. Pups were killed on day 21 of lactation. The hepatic folate content was markedly reduced in the PDxMD and PSxMD and PDxMS as compared with the PSxMS group. The hepatic global DNA methylation was decreased in the PDxMS and PSxMD groups as much as in the PDxMD group, and all the three groups were significantly lower as compared to the PSxMS group. There were no significant differences in the hepatic FRα, IGF-2 and IGF-1R expressions among the groups. Positive correlations were found between the hepatic folate content and global DNA methylation and protein expressions of FRα, IGF-2 and IGF-1R, whereas an inverse correlation was found between hepatic folate content and plasma homocysteine level in the 3-week-old rat pup. The results of this study show that both paternal and maternal folate deficiency at mating can influence the folate content and global DNA methylation in the postnatal rat liver. © 2013 The Korean Nutrition Society and the Korean Society of Community Nutrition.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 식품영양학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.