View : 44 Download: 0
Spectroscopic and computational characterization of Cu II-OOR (R = H or cumyl) complexes bearing a Me 6-tren ligand
- Spectroscopic and computational characterization of Cu II-OOR (R = H or cumyl) complexes bearing a Me 6-tren ligand
- Choi Y.J.; Cho K.-B.; Kubo M.; Ogura T.; Karlin K.D.; Cho J.; Nam W.
- Ewha Authors
- 남원우; 조재흥; Kenneth D. Karlin
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Dalton Transactions
- vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 2234 - 2241
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- A copper(ii)-hydroperoxo complex, [Cu(Me 6-tren)(OOH)] + (2), and a copper(ii)-cumylperoxo complex, [Cu(Me 6-tren)(OOC(CH 3) 2Ph)] + (3), were synthesized by reacting [Cu(Me 6-tren)(CH 3CN)] 2+ (1) with H 2O 2 and cumyl-OOH, respectively, in the presence of triethylamine. These intermediates, 2 and 3, were successfully characterized by various physicochemical methods such as UV-vis, ESI-MS, resonance Raman and EPR spectroscopies, leading us to propose structures of the Cu(ii)-OOR species with a trigonal-bipyramidal geometry. Density functional theory (DFT) calculations provided geometric and electronic configurations of 2 and 3, showing trigonal bipyramidal copper(ii)-OOR geometries. These copper(ii)-hydroperoxo and -cumylperoxo complexes were inactive in electrophilic and nucleophilic oxidation reactions. © 2011 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.