View : 180 Download: 80
The segue stellar parameter pipeline. IV. validation with an extended sample of Galactic globular and open clusters
- The segue stellar parameter pipeline. IV. validation with an extended sample of Galactic globular and open clusters
- Smolinski J.P.; Lee Y.S.; Beers T.C.; An D.; Bickerton S.J.; Johnson J.A.; Loomis C.P.; Rockosi C.M.; Sivarani T.; Yanny B.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Astronomical Journal
- Astronomical Journal vol. 141, no. 3
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Spectroscopic and photometric data for likely member stars of five Galactic globular clusters (M3, M53, M71, M92, and NGC5053) and three open clusters (M35, NGC2158, and NGC6791) are processed by the current version of the SEGUE Stellar Parameter Pipeline (SSPP), in order to determine estimates of metallicities and radial velocities (RVs) for the clusters. These results are then compared to values from the literature. We find that the mean metallicity (〈[Fe/H]〉) and mean radial velocity (〈RV〉) estimates for each cluster are almost all within 2σ of the adopted literature values; most are within 1σ. We also demonstrate that the new version of the SSPP achieves small, but noteworthy, improvements in 〈[Fe/H]〉 estimates at the extrema of the cluster metallicity range, as compared to a previous version of the pipeline software. These results provide additional confidence in the application of the SSPP for studies of the abundances and kinematics of stellar populations in the Galaxy. © 2011. The American Astronomical Society. All rights reserved..
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
The segue stellar parameter pipeline. IV. validation with an extended sample of Galactic globular and open clusters.pdf(6.98 MB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.