View : 13 Download: 0
In vivo tumor suppression activity by T cell-specific T-bet restoration
- In vivo tumor suppression activity by T cell-specific T-bet restoration
- Lee K.; Min H.J.; Jang E.J.; Hong J.-H.; Hwang E.S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Cancer
- vol. 127, no. 9, pp. 2129 - 2137
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- T-box-containing protein expressed in T cells (T-bet) is a master transcription factor for the development of interferon (IFN) γ-producing T helper 1 (Th1) cells and also functions in other immune cells including natural killer (NK), cytotoxic T lymphocytes and dendritic cells. T-bet-deficient mice increased susceptibility to viral infection and tumor development due to the defective functions of immune cells. T-bet is known to play a key role in NK-mediated antimetastatic response; however, it remains to be characterized whether T-bet is essential for in vivo tumor suppression mediated by T cells. Here, we have investigated in vivo tumor suppression effect of T-bet-restored T cells using T cell-specific and inducible T-bet transgenic mice generated in a T-bet-deficient background. T-bet-null mice increased susceptibility to tumor development, whereas induction of T cell-specific T-bet expression upon melanoma cell injection substantially suppressed tumor development by inducing IFNγ production in T cells and tumor cell apoptosis. Late induction of T-bet expression in tumor-bearing mice produced comparable amounts of IFNγ with control and significantly decreased tumor volume. In addition, increased melanoma lung metastasis in T-bet-deficient mice was strikingly inhibited by T-bet restoration in T cells. Intravenous injection of activated Th1 cells, not T-bet-null Th1 cells, attenuated metastatic melanoma progression, in addition, restoration of T-bet in T-bet-null Th1 cells certainly retrieved antimetastatic activity. These results suggest that T-bet expression in T cells is crucial for the control of tumor development and antimetastatic activity. © 2010 UICC.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.