View : 100 Download: 0
Scopoletin from the flower buds of Magnolia fargesii inhibits protein glycation, aldose reductase, and cataractogenesis Ex Vivo
- Scopoletin from the flower buds of Magnolia fargesii inhibits protein glycation, aldose reductase, and cataractogenesis Ex Vivo
- Lee J.; Kim N.H.; Nam J.W.; Lee Y.M.; Jang D.S.; Kim Y.S.; Nam S.H.; Seo E.-K.; Yang M.S.; Kim J.S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Archives of Pharmacal Research
- Archives of Pharmacal Research vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 1317 - 1323
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Five compounds previously known structures, scopoletin (1), northalifoline (2), stigmast-4-en-3-one (3), tiliroside (4), and oplopanone (5) were obtained from the flower buds of Magnolia fargesii using chromatographic separation methods. The structures of 1-5 were identified by the interpretation of their spectroscopic data including 1D- and 2D-NMR as well as by comparison with reported values. Three compounds 1-3 were found from M. fargesii for the first time in this study. All the isolates (1-5) were subjected to in vitro bioassays to evaluate the inhibitory activity on advanced glycation end products formation and rat lens aldose reductase (RLAR). Compound 1 showed a remarkable inhibitory activity on advanced glycation end products formation with IC50 value of 2.93 μM (aminoguanidine: 961 μM), and showed a significant RLAR inhibitory activity with IC50 value of 22.5 μM (3.3-tetramethyleneglutaric acid: 28.7 μM). Compound 4 exhibited potent inhibitory activity against RLAR (IC50 = 14.9 μM). In the further experiment ex vivo, cataractogenesis of rat lenses induced with xylose was significantly inhibited by compound 1 treatment. © 2010 The Pharmaceutical Society of Korea and Springer Netherlands.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.