View : 175 Download: 52
Identification of a new naphthalene and its derivatives from the bulb of Eleutherine americana with inhibitory activity on lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide production
- Identification of a new naphthalene and its derivatives from the bulb of Eleutherine americana with inhibitory activity on lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide production
- Han A.-R.; Min H.-Y.; Nam J.-W.; Lee N.-Y.; Wiryawan A.; Suprapto W.; Lee S.K.; Lee K.R.; Seo E.-K.
- Ewha Authors
- 이상국; 서은경; 한아름
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 서은경; 한아름
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 1314 - 1316
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- A new naphthoquinone, (-)-3-[2-(acetyloxy)propyl]-2-hydroxy-8-methoxy-1,4- naphthoquinone (1) was isolated from the bulb of Eleutherine americana Merr. et Heyne (Iridaceae) together with two known compounds, eleutherinol (6) and 1,5-dihydroxy-3-methylanthraquinone (7) which were found in this species for the first time. The other known compounds, (-)-isoeleutherin (2), (+)-eleutherin (3), (-)-hongconin (4), and (+)-dihydroeleutherinol (5) which were reported previously from this species, were also isolated in the present study. Compounds 2-6 exhibited potent inhibitory activity on nitric oxide production in RAW 264.7 lipopolysaccharide-activated mouse macrophage cells with IC50 values of 7.7, 11.4, 19.8, 21.7, and 34.4 μm, respectively, whereas the other two compounds, 1 and 7, were inactive. The structure of compound 1 was elucidated by spectroscopic data analysis including 1D and 2D NMR experiments. © 2008 Pharmaceutical Society of Japan.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.