View : 17 Download: 0
DNA polymorphisms at α-Gpdh locus of Drosophila melanogaster in Korean population
- DNA polymorphisms at α-Gpdh locus of Drosophila melanogaster in Korean population
- Kang S.-J.; Lee S.-H.; Park K.S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Genes and Genetic Systems
- vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 227 - 235
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Restriction site variation in 18-kb region including the Gpdh (sn- glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase) locus has been assessed in 27 isofemale lines, 12 lines from the Chounan population and 15 lines from the Pusan population in Korea. Of the 25 restriction sites that were scored, 5 sites were polymorphic (20.0%): PstI (-2.35), XbaI (-1.7), HindIII (0.0), HindIII (+0.25), and PstI (+5.7). Two insertions (I) and three deletions (D) were detected. All the restriction sites and length polymorphisms were located in introns and outside regions of the Gpdh structure gene, the area from -7.0 site to -5.5 site. The proportion of segregating nucleotides, p, for all 27 lines was 0.019 and that estimated heterozygosity per nucleotide pair, was 0.013. Sixteen kinds of restriction map haplotypes of all lines analyzed were detected. Few lines were identical at the restriction map level. The estimated haplotype diversity, h, was 0.968. The haplotype diversity (0.997) of Gpdh(FF) bearing chromosomes was slightly higher than that (0.982) of Gpdh(SS) chromosomes. Analysis for a linkage disequilibria between the polymorphism also showed that HindIII (+0.25) vs. I (a) and PstI (-2.35) vs. D (a) have relatively high level of the linkage disequilibria. There were no significant relationship between restriction site polymorphism and GPDH activity in 27 second-chromosome lines; however, there was an apparent difference in the effect of length variation on GPDH activity. The activity of deletion-bearing lines was longer than that of deletion-free lines, while there was no effect of insertion on activity. Duplication of Gpdh was observed in about one-third of the 27 isofemale lines. The duplication- bearing lines in both populations had higher levels of GPDH activity and GPDH CRM than duplication-free lines. In a further investigation of the duplication structure, the duplication of Korean populations was shown to have a similar structure to other populations investigated (Symonds and Gibson, 1992; Takano et al., 1989).
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.