View : 121 Download: 0
Identification of cytoprotective constituents of the flower buds of Tussilago farfara against glucose oxidase-induced oxidative stress in mouse fibroblast NIH3T3 cells and human keratinocyte HaCaT cells
- Identification of cytoprotective constituents of the flower buds of Tussilago farfara against glucose oxidase-induced oxidative stress in mouse fibroblast NIH3T3 cells and human keratinocyte HaCaT cells
- Kang, Unwoo; Park, Jiyoung; Han, Ah-Reum; Woo, Mi Hee; Lee, Je-Hyun; Lee, Sang Kook; Chang, Tong-Shin; Woo, Hyun Ae; Seo, Eun Kyoung
- Ewha Authors
- 이상국; 서은경; 창동신; 한아름; 우현애
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 서은경; 창동신; 한아름; 우현애
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ARCHIVES OF PHARMACAL RESEARCH
- 0253-6269; 1976-3786
- vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 474 - 480
- Tussilago farfara; Compositae; Phenolic compound; Cytoprotection; Oxidative stress
- PHARMACEUTICAL SOC KOREA
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- A new cytoprotective compound, 1-[(4S)-3,4-dihydro-4-hydroxy-2,2-dimethyl-2H-1-benzopyran-6-yl]-ethanone (1) was isolated from the flower buds of Tussilago farfara L. (Compositae), together with eight known compounds, 3,4-dicaffeoyl isoquinic acid (2), trans-cinnamic acid (3), 4-hydroxyacetophenone (4), 4,5-dicaffeoylquinic acid methyl ester (5), 3,5-dicaffeoylquinic acid methyl ester (6), 4-hydroxybenzoic acid (7), isoquercetrin (8), and ligucyperonol (9). Compounds 2-4 were found in this plant for the first time. The isolates 1-9, were tested for their cytoprotective activities against glucose oxidase-induced oxidative stress in mouse fibroblast NIH3T3 cells and human keratinocyte HaCaT cells. Among them, 1 and 3 showed significant cytoprotective activities as determined by MTT assay and lactate dehydrogenase leakage, indicating their possibility as the potent cytoprotective agents. The structure of 1 was determined by spectroscopic data analysis including 1D- and 2D-NMR experiments, and its absolute configuration was elucidated by a circular dichroism.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.