View : 118 Download: 0
A new rigid planar low band gap PTTDPP-DT-DTT polymer for organic transistors and performance improvement through the use of a binary solvent system
- A new rigid planar low band gap PTTDPP-DT-DTT polymer for organic transistors and performance improvement through the use of a binary solvent system
- Kim, Min Je; Choi, Jong Yong; An, Gukil; Kim, Hyunjung; Kang, Youngjong; Kim, Jai Kyeong; Son, Hae Jung; Lee, Jung Heon; Cho, Jeong Ho; Kim, BongSoo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- DYES AND PIGMENTS
- 0143-7208; 1873-3743
- vol. 126, pp. 138 - 146
- Organic thin film transistor; Low band gap semiconducting polymer; High carrier mobility; Binary solvent; Film crystallinity; Thermal annealing
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- We report the synthesis of a new low band gap planar polymer of poly(2,5-bis(2-decyltetradecyl)-3-(5-(dithieno[3,2-b:2',3'-d]thiophen-2-yl)thieno[3,2-b]thiophen-2-y1)-6-(thieno[3,2-b]thiophen-2-y1)-2,5-dihydropyrrolo[3,4-c]pyrrole-1,4-dione) (PTTDPP-DT-DTT) for use in organic thin film transistors (OTFTs). The polymer backbone is highly planar and well-conjugated, facilitating interchain stacking. The PTTDPP-DT-DTT-based OTFTs were fabricated and carrier mobilities were improved by using a binary solvent system: chloroform (CF):toluene (Tol), CF:chlorobenzene (CB), and CF:o-dichlorobenzene (DCB). The addition of higher boiling point solvents promoted film crystallinity with more edge-on orientations. Thus, the use of CF:DCB yielded the highest carrier mobility obtained among the devices tested. Thermal annealing further enhanced the mobility of the CF:DCB device. Atomic force microscopy images disclosed the most fibrous feature in the thermally annealed polymer film cast from CF:DCB solution. This work highlights that both the proper selection of a binary solvent and thermal annealing can manage film morphology of rigid planar conjugated polymer semiconductors effectively for high-performance OTFTs. (C) 2015 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.