View : 29 Download: 0
Co-delivery of VEGF and Bcl-2 dual-targeted siRNA polymer using a single nanoparticle for synergistic anti-cancer effects in vivo
- Co-delivery of VEGF and Bcl-2 dual-targeted siRNA polymer using a single nanoparticle for synergistic anti-cancer effects in vivo
- Lee, So Jin; Yook, Simmyung; Yhee, Ji Young; Yoon, Hong Yeol; Kim, Myung-Goo; Ku, Sook Hee; Kim, Sun Hwa; Park, Jae Hyung; Jeong, Ji Hoon; Kwon, Ick Chan; Lee, Seulki; Lee, Hyukjin; Kim, Kwangmeyung
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF CONTROLLED RELEASE
- 0168-3659; 1873-4995
- vol. 220, pp. 631 - 641
- Dual-gene delivery; Glycol chitosan; Nanoparticle; siRNA polymer; Tumor targeted delivery
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Cancer is a multifactorial disease which involves complex genetic mutation and dysregulation. Combinatorial RNAi technology and concurrent multiple gene silencing are expected to provide advanced strategies for effective cancer therapy, but a safe and effective carrier system is a prerequisite to successful siRNA delivery in vivo. We previously developed an effective tumor-targeting siRNA delivery system for in vivo application. In response to the success of this development, herein we present a dual-gene targeted siRNA and its delivery system, to achieve synergistic effects in cancer therapy. Two different sequences of siRNA were chemically modified to be randomly copolymerized in a single backbone of siRNA polymer (Dual-poly-siRNA), and the resulting Dual-poly-siRNA was incorporated into tumor-homing glycol chitosan nanoparticles. Based on the stability in serum and delivery in a tumor-targeted manner, intravenously administered Dual-poly-siRNA carrying glycol chitosan nanoparticles (Dual-NP) demonstrated successful dual-gene silencing in tumors. Notably, co-delivery of VEGF and Bcl-2 targeting siRNA led to more effective cancer therapy for convenient application. (C) 2015 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.