View : 101 Download: 0
Exploration of Korean Students' Scientific Imagination Using the Scientific Imagination Inventory
- Exploration of Korean Students' Scientific Imagination Using the Scientific Imagination Inventory
- Mun, Jiyeong; Mun, Kongju; Kim, Sung-Won
- Ewha Authors
- 김성원; 문공주
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김성원; 문공주
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SCIENCE EDUCATION
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SCIENCE EDUCATION vol. 37, no. 13, pp. 2091 - 2112
- Science and imagination; Scientific imagination; Measurement scale
- ROUTLEDGE JOURNALS, TAYLOR &
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- This article reports on the study of the components of scientific imagination and describes the scales used to measure scientific imagination in Korean elementary and secondary students. In this study, we developed an inventory, which we call the Scientific Imagination Inventory (SII), in order to examine aspects of scientific imagination. We identified three conceptual components of scientific imagination, which were composed of (1) scientific sensitivity, (2) scientific creativity, and (3) scientific productivity. We administered SII to 662 students (4th-8th grades) and confirmed validity and reliability using exploratory factor analysis and Cronbach alpha coefficient. The characteristics of Korean elementary and secondary students' overall scientific imagination and difference across gender and grade level are discussed in the results section.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.