View : 22 Download: 0
Monanchosterols A and B, Bioactive Bicyclo[4.3.1]steroids from a Korean Sponge Monanchora sp.
- Monanchosterols A and B, Bioactive Bicyclo[4.3.1]steroids from a Korean Sponge Monanchora sp.
- Wang, Weihong; Lee, Tae Gu; Patil, Rahul S.; Mun, Bora; Yang, Inho; Kim, Hiyoung; Hahn, Dongyup; Won, Dong Hwan; Lee, Jihye; Lee, Yehee; Choi, Hyukjae; Nam, Sang-Jip; Kang, Heonjoong
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF NATURAL PRODUCTS
- 0163-3864; 1520-6025
- vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 368 - 373
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Chemical investigation of a Korean marine sponge, Monanchora sp., led to the isolation of three new steroids (1-3). Compounds 1 and 2, designated as monanchosterols A and B, respectively, represent the first examples of steroids possessing the bicyclo[4.3.1] A/B ring system from a natural source. Compounds 1-3 were investigated for their anti-inflammatory activity by evaluating their inhibitory effects on the mRNA expression of IL-6, TNF-alpha, and COX-2 in the LPS-stimulated murine RAW264.7 macrophage cells. Compounds 2 and 3 exhibited significant inhibitory effects on the mRNA expression of IL-6 without notable cytotoxicity to the cells in a dose-dependent manner.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.