View : 57 Download: 0
Effects of Garcinia cambogia Extract Feeding on Body Weight and Lipid Profiles in Rats Fed a High-carbohydrate or High-fat Diet
- Effects of Garcinia cambogia Extract Feeding on Body Weight and Lipid Profiles in Rats Fed a High-carbohydrate or High-fat Diet
- Hong, Soyoung; Park, Juyeon; Sohn, Jung Sook; Kim, Joohee; Kim, Mi Kyung
- Ewha Authors
- 김미경; 김주희
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김미경; 김주희
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- FOOD SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 649 - 654
- Garcinia cambogia; hydroxycitric acid; obesity; high-fat diet; high-carbohydrate diet
- KOREAN SOC FOOD SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- This study was designed to evaluate the effects of high-carbohydrate (HC) or high-fat (HF) diet with hydroxycitric acid (HCA)-containing Garcinia cambogia in rats. Seventy male Sprague-Dawley rats were randomly divided into 7 groups and raised with experimental diets containing different HCA levels (0, 1.6, and 3.2%) and calorie sources (carbohydrate, fat) for 8 weeks. Energy intake was significantly reduced in rats fed a HC diet with HCA compared to the HC diet without HCA. Body weight gain was significantly reduced in HCA groups. In the diet groups, plasma total lipid and triglyceride (TG) levels of the HCA groups were significantly lower than those of die group without HCA. There were no significant differences in energy intake and plasma lipid profile in HF groups. These results suggest that HC diet with HCA was more effective in the reduction of energy intake, body weight gain, and plasma lipid contents than those of HF diet with HCA.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 식품영양학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.