View : 30 Download: 0
Effects of a tetramethoxyhydroxyflavone on the expression of inflammatory mediators in LPS-treated human synovial fibroblast and macrophage cells
- Effects of a tetramethoxyhydroxyflavone on the expression of inflammatory mediators in LPS-treated human synovial fibroblast and macrophage cells
- Doyoung, Yoon; Cho, Minchull; Kim, Jung-Hee; Kim, Eun-Jin; Kang, Jeong-Woo; Seo, Eun-Hee; Shim, Jung-Hyun; Kim, Soo-Hyun; Lee, Hee-Gu; Oh, Goo-Taeg; Hong, Jin-Tae; Park, Joowon; Kim, Jong-Wan
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF MICROBIOLOGY AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 686 - 694
- anti-inflammatory agent; flavone; synovial fibroblasts; inflammatory mediators; proinflammatory cytokines
- KOREAN SOC MICROBIOLOGY & BIOTECHNOLOGY
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- The inhibitory effects of 5,6,3',5'-tetramethoxy 7,4'-hydroxyflavone (labeled as p7F) were elucidated on the productions of proinflammatory cytokines as well as inflammatory mediators in human synovial fibroblasts and macrophage cells. p7F inhibited IL-1 beta or TNF-alpha induced expressions of inflammatory mediators (ICAM-1, COX-2, and iNOS). p7F also inhibited LPS-induced productions of nitric oxide and prostaglandin E, in RAW 264.7 cells. In order to investigate whether p7F would inhibit IL-1 signaling, p7F was added to the D10S Th2 cell fine (which is responsive to only IL-1 beta and thus proliferates), revealing that p7F inhibited IL-1 beta-induced proliferation of D10S Th2 cells in a dose-response manner. A flow cytometric analysis revealed that p7F reduced the intracellular level of free radical oxygen species in RAW 264.7 cells treated with hydrogen peroxide. p7F inhibited 1 kappa B degradation and NF-kappa B activation in macrophage cells treated with LPS, supporting that p7F could inhibit signaling mediated via toll-like receptor. Taken together, p7F has inhibitory effects on LPS-induced productions of inflammatory mediators on human synovial fibroblasts and macrophage cells and thus has the potential to be an anti-inflammatory agent for inhibiting inflammatory responses.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.