View : 258 Download: 167
Measurement of the thermal neutron capture cross section of (180)W
- Measurement of the thermal neutron capture cross section of (180)W
- Kang, W. G.; Kim, Y. D.; Lee, J. I.; Hahn, I. S.; Kim, A. R.; Kim, H. J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- PHYSICAL REVIEW C
- PHYSICAL REVIEW C vol. 76, no. 6
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We measured the thermal neutron capture cross section for the (180)W nucleus. There is only one previous measurement with regard to this cross section, and it yielded a value of 30(-100%)(+300%) b. To determine whether (181)W is an appropriate low energy neutrino source, the thermal neutron capture cross section should be measured more precisely to estimate the production rate of (181)W inside a nuclear reactor. We measured the cross section of (180)W using a natural tungsten foil and obtained a value of 22.6 +/- 1.7 b.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.