View : 35 Download: 0
Structure and properties of a nonheme pentacoordinate iron(II) complex with a macrocyclic triazapyridinophane ligand
- Structure and properties of a nonheme pentacoordinate iron(II) complex with a macrocyclic triazapyridinophane ligand
- You, Minyoung; Seo, Mi Sook; Kim, Kwan Mook; Nam, Wonwoo; Kim, Jinheung
- Ewha Authors
- 남원우; 김관묵; 김진흥; 서미숙
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 남원우; 김관묵; 김진흥
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY
- vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 1140 - 1144
- mononuclear iron(II) complex; macrocyclic ligand; nonheme; catalytic oxidation
- KOREAN CHEMICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- A macrocyclic ligand, N,N',N ''-tribenzyl-2,11,20-triaza[3,3,3](2,6)pyridinophane (BAPP), was used to prepare an iron(H) complex as a nonheme model complex, [(BAPP)Fe] 2 (1). X-ray crystallography of a colorless crystal of 1 revealed that BAPP acted as a pentadentate ligand due to geometrical strain for the formation of a six-coordinate iron(II) complex by BAPP. As a result, the iron center revealed a significantly distorted square pyramidal geometry similar to that found in the active site of taurine dioxygenase (tauD). In the reaction of I with PhIO, no intermediate was observed in the UV-visible region of spectrometer at low temperatures. Catalytic oxidations of triphenyl phosphine with PhIO at -40 degrees C revealed that 1 was able to convert triphenyl phosphine to triphenyl phosphine oxide. Thioanisole was also oxidized to the corresponding methylphenyl sulfoxide under the same conditions.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.