View : 117 Download: 0
Requirement of hydrogen peroxide generation in TGF-beta 1 signal transduction in human lung fibroblast cells: Involvement of hydrogen peroxide and Ca2+ in TGF-beta 1-induced IL-6 expression
- Requirement of hydrogen peroxide generation in TGF-beta 1 signal transduction in human lung fibroblast cells: Involvement of hydrogen peroxide and Ca2+ in TGF-beta 1-induced IL-6 expression
- Junn, E; Lee, KN; Ju, HR; Han, SH; Im, JY; Kang, HS; Lee, TH; Bae, YS; Ha, KS; Lee, ZW; Rhee, SG; Choi, I
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF IMMUNOLOGY
- vol. 165, no. 4, pp. 2190 - 2197
- AMER ASSOC IMMUNOLOGISTS
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Stimulation of human lung fibroblast cells with TGF-beta 1 resulted in a transient burst of reactive oxygen species with maximal increase at 5 min after treatment. This reactive oxygen species increase was inhibited by the antioxidant, N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC), TGF-beta 1 treatment stimulated IL-6 gene expression and protein synthesis in human lung fibroblast cells. Antioxidants including NAC, glutathione, and catalase reduced TGF-beta 1-induced IL-6 gene expression, and direct H2O2 treatment induced IL-6 expression in a dose-dependent manner. NAC also reduced TGF-beta 1-induced AP-1 binding activity, which is involved in IL-6 gene expression. It has been reported that Ca2+ influx is stimulated by TGF-beta 1 treatment. EGTA suppressed TGF-beta 1- or H2O2-induced IL-6 expression, and ionomycin increased IL-6 expression, with simultaneously modulating AP-1 activity in the same pattern. PD98059, an inhibitor of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) kinase/extracellular signal-related kinase kinase 1, suppressed TGF-beta 1- or H2O2-induced IL-6 and AP-1 activation. In addition, TGF-beta 1 or H2O2 increased MAPK activity which was reduced by EGTA and NAG, suggesting that MAPK is involved in TGF-beta 1-induced IL-6 expression. Taken together, these results indicate that TGF-beta 1 induces a transient increase of intracellular H2O2 production, which regulates downstream events such as Ca2+ influx, MAPK, and AP-1 activation and IL-6 gene expression.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.