View : 18 Download: 0

제 7차 교육과정에 따른 중학교 과학 교과서의 탐구 과정 및 활동 분석 : 에너지 영역을 중심으로

Title
제 7차 교육과정에 따른 중학교 과학 교과서의 탐구 과정 및 활동 분석 : 에너지 영역을 중심으로
Authors
석주식
Issue Date
2003
Department/Major
교육대학원 물리교육전공
Publisher
이화여자대학교 교육대학원
Degree
Master
Abstract
21세기의 사회는 정보화·세계화로 특징 지워지며, 이에 대비한 교육은 자기 주도적으로 가치를 창조할 수 있는 인간 형성에 목표를 두어야 한다. 따라서 학교에서는 학생들에게 과학을 지식으로 알려주기보다는 지식을 스스로 찾을 수 있는 과정 즉, 탐구 활동을 강화하여 과학적 소양인으로 성장시켜 나가야 한다. 제 3차 과학 교육과정으로부터 시작된 탐구의 중요성은 6차 교육과정에서 학생들의 창의성을 높이고 문제해결력을 신장시키기 위해 탐구 활동을 강화하였고, 제 7차 교육과정에서는 종합적인 탐구 학습 활동을 강조함으로써, 종전과는 다르게 교과서에 탐구 요소와 활동에 제시하지 않고 수업 현장에서 교사가 자유롭게 다양하고 창의성 있는 탐구 활동을 할 수 있도록 하였다. 교과서는 학생들에게 탐구 활동을 제시하는 기본적인 도구이므로, 교과서의 탐구 활동에 대한 연구는 매우 중요하다. 제 7차 교육과정에 따른 중학교 과학 교과서의 탐구 과정 및 활동 분석을 통해 보다 효율적인 탐구 학습과 교과서 내용 개발에 도움을 주는 것이 본 연구의 목적이다. 이러한 연구 목적에 의해 검인정 중학교 과학 1, 2, 3학년 교과서를 대상으로, 에너지 영역에 제시되는 탐구에 대해 내용 영역·과정 영역·상황 영역으로 나누어 비교·분석하였다. 이 연구의 결과는 다음과 같다. 첫째, 탐구 내용 분석에서 9종 교과서(3학년 6종)에서 제시되는 탐구의 수는 1학년이 235개, 2학년이 240개, 3학년이 163개로 모두 638개였다. 교과서별로 살펴보면 3개 학년이 모두 개발되는 교과서 6종(B, C, D, G, H, I) 중에서 G교과서가 115개로 가장 많고, H교과서가 64개로 가장 적었다. 1, 2학년만 개발되는 교과서 3종(A, E, F)에서는 A교과서는 36개, E교과서는 54개, F교과서는 56개였다. 이를 통해 탐구 수에 있어서 교과서별 편차가 큼을 알 수 있었다. 둘째, 탐구 영역 분석에서 탐구 실험과 개념적 탐구 활동의 비율을 살펴본 결과 탐구 실험이 개념적 탐구 실험에 비해 2.8배나 많은 비율로 제시됨을 알 수 있었다. 셋째, 탐구 유형 분석에서 탐구 과정·탐구 활동의 비율을 살펴본 결과 탐구 과정의기초 탐구와 통합 탐구의 비율이 탐구 활동에 비해 상대적으로 매우 낮은 비율로 나타났다. 이를 통해 탐구 유형의 불균형을 알 수 있었다. 넷째, 탐구 과정 영역 분석에서 강조되고 있는 부분은 역시 자료의 수집 및 정리(1.0) 와 자료의 해석 및 분석(2.0) 으로, 두 요소는 합하여 82.4%를 차지한 반면에 결과 종합 및 평가(3.0) 와 가설설정 및 실험설계(4.0) 는 합하여 17.6%로 현저히 낮은 비율로 나타났다. 이를 통해 아직도 통합적인 탐구 활동이 매우 적어 학습자의 사고력과 창의력을 신장시키기에 미흡함을 알 수 있었다. 다섯째, 탐구 상황 영역의 분석에서는 과학적 상황과 개인적 상황의 비율을 합하면 95.6%였고, 사회적 상황과 기술적 상황의 활용은 4.4%였다. 특히 사회적 상황이 적었으며, 탐구 활동이 과학적 상황에 편중되어 있음을 알 수 있었다. 따라서 교과서간 탐구의 수, 영역, 유형 등의 편차를 줄이기 위해 교과서 검정 기준을 보다 강화하여 균등히 배분 하고자 하는 노력이 필요하며, 학생들의 생활 경험이나 사회 요구에 부응하는 현실적인 탐구 주제로의 접근이 요구된다. ; In the 21^st century, the age of globalization and information, it is necessary to get familial with the new scientific knowledge and technology, developing them at a rapid rate. Therefore schools need to lead students into inquiry activity, the process of pursuing knowledge for oneself, rather than cram them with scientific knowledge. The emphasis on inquiry activity will help provide students with scientific literacy. Keeping pace with the worldwide innovative trends in science education, the Ministry of Education has put emphasis on inquiry activity since the 3rd Curriculum. The aim of this research lies in investigating whether the textbooks based on the 7th Curriculum contain the proper contents for inquiry learning by analyzing inquiry process and activities in them. The research deals with the authorized middle school textbooks. Classifying inquiry activities in the physics field into three dimension frameworks such as inquiry process, and inquiry context, this research analyzes and compares them. The results of the research are as follows : 1. As for inquiry content dimension, the number of themes in nine kinds of textbooks(six in the 3rd grade) is 638 in total. Of all textbooks G contains more themes than any other textbook. Besides it, those textbooks such as B, E, F, I have more themes than average. A, C, D, H textbooks, however, have less. This result indicates that the number of inquiry activities in each textbook is diverse. 2. As for inquiry activity scopes, conceptual inquiry activities are about 2.8 times as many as the inquiry experiments. And as for inquiry activity types, basic process skill and integrated skill are prevailing, compared to inquiry activity skill. This result indicates that inquiry activity types in each textbook are unbalanced. 3. As for inquiry process dimension, whereas Gathering and Organizing Data(1.0) and Interpreting and Analyzing Data(2.0) occupy 42.8% and 39.6% respectively(82.4% in sum), Synthesizing Results and Evaluation(3.0) 10.2% and Hypothesizing and Designing an Experiment(4.0) 7.4%(in total 17.6%). This result indicates that inquiry activities in low level are still emphasized in each textbook. 4. As for inquiry context dimension, scientific context occupies 64.3%, personal context 31.3%. They occupy 95.6% in total. However the practical use of social and technical context is very insufficient.
Fulltext
Show the fulltext
Appears in Collections:
교육대학원 > 물리교육전공 > Theses_Master
Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Export
RIS (EndNote)
XLS (Excel)
XML


qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

BROWSE