View : 24 Download: 0
From stakeholder communication to engagement for the sustainable development goals (Sdgs): A case study of lg electronics
- From stakeholder communication to engagement for the sustainable development goals (Sdgs): A case study of lg electronics
- Jun H.; Kim M.
- Ewha Authors
- Hannah Jun(전희경)
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Hannah Jun
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Sustainability (Switzerland)
- Sustainability (Switzerland) vol. 13, no. 15
- Corporate sustainability management; LG Electronics; Stakeholder communication; Stakeholder engagement; Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- MDPI AG
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- While multi-stakeholder engagement is critical to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), there is less understanding in the literature about how the private sector can enhance such engagement at an institutional level. In this study, we examine the case of LG Electronics (LGE), one of South Korea’s most sustainable firms. This case study highlights the key strategies that LGE employed in engaging stakeholders for the SDGs, with a focus on stakeholder scope and engagement over three phases: (1) stakeholder communication; (2) stakeholder involvement; and (3) stakeholder engagement. In addition, this paper emphasizes governance mechanisms that facil-itated more effective stakeholder engagement, including the company’s Corporate Sustainability Management (CSM) strategies, CSR Committee and Sustainability Management Council. These findings also highlight the usefulness of the common language provided by the SDGs in stakeholder engagement and provide practical implications for the private sector in contributing to the shared global agenda. © 2021 by the author. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland.
- Appears in Collections:
- 국제대학원 > 국제학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.