View : 92 Download: 0
Enhanced optical absorption in conformally grown MoS2 layers on SiO2/Si substrates with SiO2 nanopillars with a height of 50 nm
- Enhanced optical absorption in conformally grown MoS2 layers on SiO2/Si substrates with SiO2 nanopillars with a height of 50 nm
- Choi, Hyeji; Kim, Eunah; Kwon, Soyeong; Kim, Jayeong; Anh Duc Nguyen; Lee, Seong-Yeon; Ko, Eunji; Baek, Suyeun; Park, Hyeong-Ho; Park, Yun Chang; Yee, Ki-Ju; Yoon, Seokhyun; Kim, Yong Soo; Kim, Dong-Wook
- Ewha Authors
- 윤석현; 김동욱
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 윤석현; 김동욱
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- NANOSCALE ADVANCES
- NANOSCALE ADVANCES vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 710 - 715
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The integration of transition metal dichalcogenide (TMDC) layers on nanostructures has attracted growing attention as a means to improve the physical properties of the ultrathin TMDC materials. In this work, the influence of SiO2 nanopillars (NPs) with a height of 50 nm on the optical characteristics of MoS2 layers is investigated. Using a metal organic chemical vapor deposition technique, a few layers of MoS2 were conformally grown on the NP-patterned SiO2/Si substrates without notable strain. The photoluminescence and Raman intensities of the MoS2 layers on the SiO2 NPs were larger than those observed from a flat SiO2 surface. For 100 nm-SiO2/Si wafers, the 50 nm-NP patterning enabled improved absorption in the MoS2 layers over the whole visible wavelength range. Optical simulations showed that a strong electric-field could be formed at the NP surface, which led to the enhanced absorption in the MoS2 layers. These results suggest a versatile strategy to realize high-efficiency TMDC-based optoelectronic devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.